CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 8, 2009

DPMM 2-1 Woodlands FC: Victory at Hassanal Bolkiah Stadium!

It was a victory as Ivan Jerkovic goaled the penalty at Hassanal Bolkiah Staduim. It was my first live match since I was 5! Sitting on the hard blue seat again felt amazing. We've arrived there a tad late, missing the first goal that Woodlands scored but things started to change when DPMM scored few minutes later!

I'm not sure who goaled or at which minute but it was a header! A header by a group of DPMM players and the ball passed the keeper. An amazing atmosphere was around the stadium when the ball went inside the net. Everyone was cheering and was satisfied with the equalizer.

But things started to change people's exictement to frustration when a heavy rain ruined the nice weather at the second half break. Half of the crowd left the stadium unable to stay with the game - including us. I felt a bit unhappy leaving so soon. We bought some chicken wings before heading to the car. Dad parked the car far away from the stadium, forcing us to walk far with the rain getting heavier. I was unhappy but in the same time satisfied, enjoying the rain while walking. It was my first game and I was happy even if I have to leave in the second half.

We arrived at the car wet and feeling cold. The car's air-conditioner made the situation worser but good thing my sister shared her jacket with me. Dad turned on the radio while driving. Me, enjoying the chicken wings hearing DPMM blew their chance on the first penalty. I felt a bit worried, thinking that that's the only chance DPMM have. I was wrong, celebrating the last and winning goal after hearing that DPMM won the penalty.Best match I've ever been to...

0 comments: