CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Portsmouth 2-3 Liverpool: Best response after 11 unwinning games

It was a well played match by the Blues and I couldn't really say I can predict that match. They've improved so much but still with the errors. It was a strange atmosphere at home though. I was the only one supporting Portsmouth since my family are supporting the Reds so it wasn't a nice celebration but I can live with it.

Well done to be honest. Liverpool is a tough team which defend well but aren't they are well in attacking. I got to say they follow their mood.

It was a 0-0 at first half so it really makes me expect more than just 1. I was right anyway~ First goal was by Pompey's David Nugent who celebrate his second goal at 62' but Liverpool crash the lead with Ourelio's goal at 69'. Pompey seem to lead again with Hermann's goal from a set piece followed by his header & into the net. I got to say Reina did a horrible move to miss that. Hermann's ball is as easy as catching a fallen feather. But still, well done by Hermann. At that point I thought the Iceland man has put the ice on top of the game but then Liverpool equalized & lead at the last minute by Dirk Kuyt & Fernando Verdasco... Wait!! What the hell is up with Verdasco? Get back to tennis... I mean Fernando Torres.

To me it's an unsatisfying match eventhough Pompey did well. I didn't really accept Torres' goal. It's really late to make Liverpool on top again. Portsmouth deserve something and I think it's 1 point because in history, there's not a team that didn't win for 11 matches and delivers that kind of game with PL's top 4 & also manage by Tony Adams. They do deserve something.

I'm proud of the fans as well. The atmosphere is amazing but Pompey's cheer unable to make Pompey themselves wake up and shoot another goal. It was a 2-3 lost at Fratton Park & Liverpool steals the top table of EPL.



You did well Nuge.

0 comments: