CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Tough as a teen

Niko Kranjcar the Croatian midfielder was having a hard time at Dinamo??? I just notice that today. I'm so lame and... lame. After reading some of Niko's past it strikes me.


Some of the headlines were:
"Niko Kranjcar favoured by father"
"Croatia fans hate me but I'd never quit says Kranjcar"

Niko Kranjcar was in Dinamo when he was 16 and was coached by his father, Zlatko Kranjcar. Everyone don't like Kranjcar. They said he got skills and he can pass the ball good but they just hates the way he plays. He is 83kg back then and that was another problem. "Niko was not my son on field" said the coach of Dinamo in interview but a lot of the fans thought so too. Niko Kranjcar was hated by a lot of the fans and all of them want him out. He refuse and still wants to stay at Dinamo for the sake of his father.

When Niko was successfully removed from Dinamo he joined Dinamo's biggest rival in Croatia, Hajduk Split. This made fans and supporters hate him more. "The hatred will never fade and it is impossible" says Niko. "I don't really care about it. Calling me names won't stop me from my career."

At the EURO 2004 Zlatko Kranjcar picked Niko to be in Croatia and it was because he was his son.

"Croatia never progressed from the group stage and it was a difficult time for both of us. But if the thought of quitting the national side came into my mind I'd forget it that second. I was brought up to love my country and do everything for Croatia. I will always play with my heart. That's built in to you as a Croat from your father and mother. No one will put me off that - I will never say no to my country." Said Kranjcar.

It was so sad. You guys should read it at:

Yours Truly,

Niko_19

0 comments: