CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 23, 2009

Kranjcar expects summer exit

Croatia midfielder Niko Kranjcar has confirmed that he expects to leave Portsmouth at the end of the season.

The talented 24-year-old has been linked with both Tottenham Hotspur and Arsenal in recent weeks, but Kranjcar doesn't expect to move this month.

He told Croatian newspaper Jutarnji List: "I am waiting for a move, there is no rush.

"Until the end of the season I will be with Portsmouth.

"After that the club will make a decision on what is best and they will probably sell me, even though we have started negotiations over a new deal."

Pompey boss Tony Adams had recently said of Kranjcar: "Niko can do better. He knocked in a few goals last season, but he hasn't scored since he was a super sub a couple of months ago, though.

"I expect more from my great players, because they are great players and Niko is a great player.

"I want to stretch my players, always push them and I think he is someone who needs that. He is a great footballer and needs to keep delivering."



original is here.

Nika:

Kranjcar is going to move somewhere and I'm really sad about it. I can't really describe my mixed emotions right now since he's really moving somewhere to a place unknown. I mean he might move to Spurs or uglier than that, a club that's rarely on TV. I'll be sad if that happens.

I won't really imagine on how he takes off a jersey with the logo he wears for 4 years and just wears another jersey just like that. Even if I don't want him to go, that's just unprofessional of me and so unkind. I want to see him succeed because I know he's a very potential player with huge talent. Staying in Pompey won't make a difference for him I guess.

To be honest, where ever he moves, I'm always there to support him and will always be there to cheer and to chant for him. He made me support Portsmouth and seeing him leaving makes me felt sad.

I'm not a person who support a team with Kranjcar on it. I'll still support Portsmouth as always and support Kranjcar (not the team Kranjcar's in). I don't really know what to say after this so I guess till now...

0 comments: