CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Poulsen shuns Pompey link

Denmark midfielder Christian Poulsen has played down talk of a possible move from Juventus to Portsmouth during the January transfer window.

The 28-year-old has made just eight appearances for Juve since his summer arrival from Sevilla, having struggled with a number of injury problems.

However, Poulsen says he has no intention of leaving Turin just yet, saying: "I am on my way back from injury and I am trying hard to find a way back into the Juventus team.

"I am completely focused on getting enough playing time here and I hope the coach Claudio Ranieri is aware of my progress.

"I want to get back in action as soon as possible."

Meanwhile, Pompey's executive chairman, Peter Storrie, says the club are closing in on the signing of Liverpool winger Jermaine Pennant.

He told The News: "As far as Jermaine is concerned, it's very, very close, as we are with one or two others.

"It was only ever going to be a loan or short-term permanent deal.

"He is a free agent at the end of the season and he doesn't want to give up those rights."



original is here.

0 comments: